The Circular Plastics Conference 2021 is a series of online sessions on creating a circular plastics value chain. Top experts from academia, government and businesses present the latest technological, regulatory and socio-economic developments and outlook. Participants are actively involved to share their expertise and the hurdles they face.
Keynote speakers for the sessions on 25 February will be:
2A – Thermo Chemical Depolymerisation:
- Jean-Paul Lange (Principal Research Scientist, Shell / Professor Chemical Biorefining, University of Twente)
- André Heeres (Project Manager, Syncom / Professor Biobased Chemistry, Hanze University of Applied Sciences)
- Kevin van Geem (Full Professor, Ghent University)
2B – Regulatory needs & developments:
- Silvia Freni Sterrantino (EU Regulatory Affairs Manager, EUPC)
- Gerald Haagh (Product Manager Food Contact Materials, Triskelion)
- Erwin Annys (Head of Unit Support and Enforcement, ECHA)
The conference will be streamed to a special Networkapp. Next to the online sessions, the Circular Plastic Conference connects the community through its online platform with Q&A sessions, networking facilities, and short pitches on the latest research by PhD and Post-Doc researchers. On the platform, companies also have the opportunity to feature their products and innovations on the online marketplace.
The Circular Plastics Conference 2021 is organized in collaboration with Plastics Europe, TNO and CEFLEX. The sessions are on February 4 and 25, March 18, April 8 and 29 and May 20, from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
PhD students or postdoc researchers who want to pitch their research during the conference can submit an abstract for this.