With an emphasis on packaging and performance materials, this year’s event provides pivotal insights into the challenges facing stakeholders in tackling plastic waste both upstream and downstream; the viability of new technologies and ‘next generation’ materials; routes to scaling up; and cross-sector applications in packaging, food-service, personal care, fashion and more.
By exploring advances in materials science, showcasing innovative applications of new and existing technologies, and facilitating connections and collaborations, the summit offers an invaluable platform on which to accelerate projects and partnerships across the plastics and bio-based ecosystem.
Key themes of the conference will be:
- Moving the Needle: Integrating bio-based materials into existing supply chains
- Scaling Up: Identifying early adopters and new routes to market
- Enhancing Performance: Designing sustainable materials to outperform the competition
- Packaging and Preservation: Meeting the food grade challenge at scale
- Side Streams: Circular solutions breathing new life into waste
- Biotechnology: Platform-based business models accelerating discoveries
- Financing Growth: Investment and partnership strategies driving innovation
- Extended Producer Responsibility: Designing out waste upstream
- Biodesigned Materials: Growing materials from bacteria, yeast, algae and fungi cultures
- Circular Solutions: Chemical recycling, carbon capture, and engineering enzymes to aid end-of-life recycling
See the agenda for more information.