With an emphasis on packaging and performance materials, this year’s event provides pivotal insights into the challenges facing stakeholders in tackling plastic waste both upstream and downstream; the viability of new technologies and ‘next generation’ materials; routes to scaling up; and cross-sector applications in packaging, food-service, personal care, fashion and more.
More than 70 speakers will talk about these key themes:
- Moving the Needle: Integrating bio-based materials into existing supply chains
- Scaling Up: Identifying early adopters and new routes to market
- Enhancing Performance: Designing sustainable materials to outperform the competition
- Packaging and Preservation: Meeting the food grade challenge at scale
- Side Streams: Circular solutions breathing new life into waste
- Biotechnology: Platform-based business models accelerating discoveries
- Financing Growth: Investment and partnership strategies driving innovation
- Extended Producer Responsibility: Designing out waste upstream
- Biodesigned Materials: Growing materials from bacteria, yeast, algae and fungi cultures
- Circular Solutions: Chemical recycling, carbon capture, and engineering enzymes to aid end-of-life recycling
More information can be found on the conference website.