There are several routes to follow, but this conference will focus on the two major alternatives:
- Plant based proteins (also called meat alternatives)
- Cultured Meat
The following topics will be covered during the conference:
- R&D on supporting technologies like Biofabrication, 3D Printing, 3D Bioprinting etc.
- R&D on cell structure, taste, texture, flavor, color, nutritional value, muscle structure etc.
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Impact on agriculture industry
- Social impacts of cultured meat (consumer adoption, society, economy)
- Patent / Legal and Regulatory issues
- Investment opportunities
Jakajima has been organizing conferences on 3D Food Printing, 3D Bioprinting, Healthy Nutrition and 3D Pharma Printing since 2015. At several of these conferences presentations were given on topics like cultured meat and meat. See an overview on the Protein Transition Conference website.