This second edition of the Stakeholder Forum is a one-day public event that will bring together the bio-based industries community and facilitate open discussion on the impact, achievements and strategic direction of the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) programme, as well as the latest developments in the bio-based industries sector.
The morning program is packed with interesting panel discussions and plenary presentations. There are speeches by Philippe Mengal (Executive Director, BBI JU), a high level speaker from the European Commission (still to be revealed), Rosanna Serra (Director of Materials Labs & Global Material Leader of the Fiat Research Center). Also, there will be plenary panel sessions about the following themes:
- The socio-economic and environmental benefits of the EU bio-based sector;
- Bio-based Europe: vision and strategic objectives;
- Stable, supportive and coherent policies: the road to the bio-based products uptake.
The afternoon programme will consist of four parrallel tracks on:
- Sustainable Europe – revolutionising the European market;
- Sustainable society – Getting citizens ready for the post-petroleum era;
- Addressing sustainability goals through bio-based innovation;
- Transforming the global bio-based field.
Christophe Rahier, Senior Vice President, Business Line High Tech Materials of Michelin will deliver the final key note speech.
An exhibition with 100 BBI JU granted projects and key BBI JU partners will be available throughout the event. The projects exhibition will showcase technologies, processes and products developed by the BBI JU beneficiaries and their concrete added value for the EU citizens’ everyday lives. Bringing 100 granted projects together in one venue will allow the participants to network with the project representatives and facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Registration: first-come, first served
Register now to make sure that you are part of the day as the registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is mandatory and free of charge. The final deadline is 25 November. The conference will be held in English and no interpretation will be provided.