The focus of the Master Sessions will be on Biorefineries: at the heart of new bioeconomy production processes. The purpose is:
- to assess the innovative technology used to boost activities in the fields of green chemistry and white biotechnology around the world;
- to share knowledge and gain a new experience in doing so;
- to stimulate the creation of new R&D projects involving the academic world, research centres and industrial players from the sector, both at regional and international levels;
- to highlight the link between Research and Market.
Each Master Session will take up to 2 hours from 10 AM till noon and will be themed according to the following specific subjects:
- Session #1: New (bio)resources – 10 September 2020. Speakers: Juha Lehtonen (VTT, Finland), Marie-Aline Pierrard (IDELUX, Belgium), Patrick Ballmann (Pirmasens, Germany) and Sébastien Cajot (Celabor, Belgium).
- Session #2: New (bio)products – 24 September 2020. Speakers: Pierre Van Cutsem (Fytofend, Belgium), Philippe Mengal (Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking – BBI JU), Alex Michine (Metgen, Finland) and Angélique Léonard (University of Liège, Belgium).
- Session #3: New technologies > industrial micro bio network – 8 October 2020. Speakers: 8 October: Rodrigo Ledesma Amaro (Imperial College of London, UK), Philippe Gabant (Syngulon, Belgium), Tony Pouply (Tereos, France) and Wim Soetaert (Ghent University/Biobase Europe Pilot Plant, Belgium).
- Session #4: New technologies > enzymatic and extraction technologies – 29 October 2020. Speakers: Lionel Muniglia (Biolie, France), J-C Monbaliu (University of Liège, Belgium), Frédérique Bertaud (Centre Technique du Papier, France) and Iwona Cybulska (UCL, Belgium)
The detailed programme and list of speakers is available on the GreenWin website and in a downloadable PDF document.
You can register for one or several sessions, à la carte so to speak. Should you opt for a registration to all sessions (full menu formula), a discount will be applied. For members of the Walloon Innovation Clusters (Wagralim, BioWin, Logistics In Wallonia, Mecatech, SkyWin) a reduced fee is available.