Central Denmark Region has become an international centre of excellence within bioeconomy. This is due to an outstanding cooperation between large international companies in the region, SMEs, agricultural organisations, regional municipalities and knowledge institutions.
Through development programmes, Central Denmark Region supports SME’s in the development of new biobased products. This support is offered in close collaboration with cluster and knowledge institutions like SEGES, Agro Business Park and Aarhus University.
The event will gather the most important Danish and international actors, who will discuss circular bioeconomy as a tool to implement the UN Sustainability Development Goals, and, more precisely, to develop the sustainable protein of the future.
The European Bioeconomy Days will include:
- Discussions with leading European and national politicians, officials and scientific advisors on how society can apply circular bioeconomy;
- A scientific conference with the participation of outstanding researchers in circular bioeconomy;
- Visits to research facilities, companies and municipalities in Central Denmark Region who are actively engaged in bioeconomy solutions;
- European Bioeconomy Venture Forum providing possibility for presenting projects or products for possible investors;
- BISC-E: Biobased Innovation Student Challenge Europe;
- Opportunities to hold your own event.
Expected participants include researchers working with production and processing of land based and marine biomasses. Companies engaged in bioeconomy (agriculture, food, energy, technology etc.). Officials at European, national and local levels. Advisors and representatives from agricultural and industrial organisations. A section is devoted to investors, SMEs and start-ups; another section is devoted to student competitions.