We would like to acknowledge Coperion GmbH (DE) for sponsoring the renowned Innovation Award “Biocomposite of the Year 2017″ and thank our conference sponsor VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland ltd (FI)! Further sponsors are welcome to profit from the marketing activities online and at the conference.
The Innovation Award “Biocomposite of the Year 2017″ will be granted to the young, innovative bio-based materials industry to identify suitable applications and markets for bio-based products. The focus of the award is on new developments within these areas, which have been launched in 2017 or will be launched in 2018. Applicants are asked to provide us with their application by end of July. Please find all information at here.
The conference will attract the most important producers and developers of the biocomposite industry and you are encouraged to secure the best spots at the conference as soon as possible. 12 exhibition booths are already booked – six months prior to the conference. For information regarding the exhibition area see here.
As of this year, the conference will take place in a new location: The “Maternushaus” is a conference center in the heart of Cologne, close to the central station and surrounded by comfortable hotels and traditional bars.
Preliminary programme with speakers
- Anemon Strohmeyer, German Wood-Based Panel Industry (VHI) (DE): Overview of the German Wood-Plastic Composite Industry
Biocomposites in Automotive
- Sophie de Rijk, Bcomp Ltd (CH): powerRibs in Automotive, the Benefits of Using Flax Grid Reinforcements in Automotive Large Series Interiors and Race Car Body Parts
- Gurminder Minhas, Performance BioFilaments Inc. (CA): Automotive Biocomposites Based on Nano-Fibrillated Cellulose Technology
- Heidi Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (FI): Light-Weight Solutions with Wood Based Biocomposites
Injection Moulding: Granulates and Applications
- Dr. Hans Korte, Dr. Hans Korte Innovationsberatung Holz & Fasern (DE): X-Plorator – High Throughput Technology for Rapid Compound Development
- Dr. Asta Partanen, nova-Institut (DE): Successful Biocomposites in Toys and Consumer Goods
- Dr. Claudia Pretschuh, Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH (AT): Regenerated Cellulose Fibres TENCEL® FCP as Filler in PP for Improved Foam Injection Moulding
- Dr. Tanaka Tatsuya, Doshisha Unversity (JP): Study on Elucidation of Opening Fibre Bundle Mechanism in Manufacturing Process for LFT Granular
Biocomposites in 3D Printing
- Nathalie Labonnote, SINTEF Building and Infrastructure (NO): Biocomposites for 3D Printing in Construction
- Dr. Andreas Haider, Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH (AT): Use of Biocomposites in 3D-Fused Layer Modelling
- Patrick Teuffel, Eindhoven University of Technology (NL): Structural Use of Hemp and Flax Fibres with Bio-based Resins – Bio-based Bridge – Possibilities for Design and Structural Use
Raw materials for Biocomposites – Wood and Natural Fibres and Polymers
- Anne Le Duc, Fibres Recherche Développement (FRD) (FR): From Plant to Agromaterial: Innovative Axes to a Better Design of Bio-based Fibres Used in Thermoplastic Composites
- Kirsi Immonen, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (FI): Biocomposites from Side Streams of Paper and Board Industry – Fibre Clay Composites
- Richard Meisenheimer, Covestro Deutschland AG (DE): New Bio-based Polyisocyanate – Opens the Way to New Green Lightweight Applications
- Oliver Mertens, University Hamburg Center of Wood Science and Technology (DE): In-Situ Refiner Compounding Approach for TMP-fibre Thermoplastic Composites
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Müssig, The Biological Materials Group, BIOMIMETICS, City University of Applied Sciences (DE): New NFC Product Development Starts with the Selection of an Appropriate Fibre
- Dr. Arne Schirp, Fraunhofer-Institute for Wood Research (DE): Improvement of the Fire Retardancy of Wood-plastic Composites (WPC) by Wood Pre-treatment.