Special focus this year is on fibre applications of Biobased Materials. Guest speakers and topics are:
- Professor Pasi Kallio from the Tampere University of Technology in Finland (Keynote speaker)
Microrobotics for High Throughput Characterization of Biobased Fibre Materials
- Prof. Udo Conrad from The Leibniz – Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
Production of spider silk and elastin-like proteins in plants
- Martin Schürmann, Principal Scientist at InnoSyn B.V.
Biocatalysis for small molecule synthesis towards fine chemicals and materials
- Guy Buyle, manager EU research from Centexbel, Gent
Biobased self-functionalised self-reinforced composite materials based on high performance nanofibrillar PLA fibres
- Prof. Claude Villeneuve from Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
Tools and process for sustainability assessment of biobased products
- Prof. Thomas Gries from the Institute for Textile Technology at RWTH Aachen University
Bio-Based Textiles: An Outlook into the Future
- Prof. Lorenzo Moroni from MERLN Institute for Technology-Inspired Regenerative Medicine at Maastricht University
Using Biofabrication to design scaffolds for Regenerative Medicine
The lectures will provide a base for discussions between speakers and distinguished guests from industry and academia. See the agenda for more information.