One of the speakers at BIOKET was Filippo Martinelli, operations manager at PNO Innovation. Together with Philippe Mengal, Executive Director of Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking, he hosted one of the plenary sessions on 6 March, focussing on BBI JU and LIFE – both important motors for bioeconomy innovation.
The three days continued with other plenary sessions, conferences and B2B meetings. Furthermore, PNO experts interviewed some of the bioeconomy top influencers about their views on the future of the sector:
- Philippe Mengal (Executive Director of the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking)
- Anne Wagner (R&D Director at Tereos Elected R&D Woman of the year 2017)
- Ena Cratsenburg (Chief Business Officer at Ginko Bioworks)
- Michael Krel (Partner at Sofinnova)
- Pierre Monsan (Founder of Toulouse White Biotechnology (TWB))
- Ludo Diels (Research Leader at VITO)
- Yvon le Henaff (Chairman at IAR)
The interviews can now be seen on-line on the PNO channel on YouTube.